- In Foster In Kent
- 4 Years Old
- Fairly Active Home
George is a handsome 4 year old galgo, originally from sunny Spain. He has been living in a home for about 2 years but unfortunately, his owner’s circumstances have changed dramatically and she is unable to keep him any longer. So George has come to us so we can find him a new home. Obviously, things will be a bit strange for George for a little while and especially at the moment – he is in new surroundings, with people he doesn’t know very well and his whole world has turned upside down. This will mean he might be a bit nervous of new people and will take a while to want to get to know you. But once he does, he will be his usual affectionate self and will be your friend forever. George is looking for a quiet home, with people who will offer him lovely walks but also space and calmness. With the right introductions, George can live with other dogs. he is also happy to live as an only dog as long as the owners are around quite a bit.
During the national lockdown announced Jan 3rd 2021, we have to follow very strict government guidelines. Please read our Covid statement and please do not apply if you are not in one of the areas. Once the national rules are relaxed – ours will follow and we will be able to widen our rehoming area. You can read the full statement here it is updated regularly as the rules change – this statement may not be.
- We can only use our own key volunteers to do home checks and we are currently unable to ask your local volunteer or rescues for help. We are all only currently allowed to travel for certain reasons – we are allowed to continue BUT we must do everything we can to work within safe guidelines. To reduce travel distance this means we can only homecheck in Kent, East Sussex, East London, South London and South Hertfordshire. We may be able to process applications in Essex, Surrey, other parts of London and West Sussex close to the M25 but we cannot guarantee this. You can read more about how we homecheck in the Covid statement.
- We understand lockdown is frustrating, it is for all of us, but please DO NOT take this frustration out on our volunteers. We have all worked throughout the holiday season to process applications and we can work even harder if everyone practiced being nice.
- To proceed please complete the online adoption application form. This goes through to the rehoming team. If you send us a message through the contact us rather than completing the adoption form, there may be a delay of 2 weeks replying and we will then just ask you to fill in the adoption form. Correctly completed forms are receiving priority.
- Nearly our dogs are currently from a dog pound or kennels – they have not met children and during lockdown they cannot meet any children. The minimum age of your children is 10 years old.
- We still have a fault on the email coming FROM the website – everything else works. If you get an error message it means we have your form, the error is simply with the acknowledgement email. Please do not keep applying as it produces multiple applications. We are working to fix this fault.
- If you have children please read our page on children and dogs. We are unable to rehome to families with children under 10 as our dogs are not assessed and have rarely lived in a home before they arrive with us.
Please make sure you are in a position to adopt a dog, before completing the online adoption form. We are unable to hold onto dogs for more than a few days, once you have passed your homecheck.
We do rehome throughout the UK, so long as you are prepared to travel to meet the dog within a few days of applying for him and then again to adopt him, once you have passed your homecheck.