- Definitions and Interpretation
|“Cookie”||means a small file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site;|
|“Cookie Law”||means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and of EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”);|
|“personal data”||means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data, as defined by the Data Protection Act 1998or EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”); and|
means Kent Greyhound Rescue a charity registered in England under charity number 1138841 , whose registered address is New Pound Farm House, The Street, Newington, Kent CT18 8AU,
and whose main trading address is New Pound Farm House, The Street, Newington, Kent CT18 8AU.
- Information About Us
- Our Site is owned and operated by Kent Greyhound Rescue, a charity registered in England under charity number 1138841, whose registered address is New Pound Farm House, The Street, Newington, Kent CT18 8AU. and whose main trading address is New Pound Farm House, The Street, Newington, Kent CT18 8AU..
- We are not VAT registered
- Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted by email at [email protected], by telephone on 01303 279742, or by post at New Pound Farm House, The Street, Newington, Kent CT18 8AU
- We are regulated by The Charity Commission
- We are a member of The Charity Commission
- By using Our Site, you may also receive certain third party Cookies on your computer or device. Third party Cookies are those placed by websites, services, and/or parties other than Us. Third party Cookies are used on Our Site for analysing the effectiveness of our site to maximise achieving our charities objectives. For more details, please refer to section 4 below.
- All Cookies used by and on Our Site are used in accordance with current Cookie Law. We may use some or all of the following types of Cookie:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies
A Cookie falls into this category if it is essential to the operation of Our Site, supporting functions such as logging in, your shopping basket, and payment transactions.
- Analytics Cookies
It is important for Us to understand how you use Our Site, for example, how efficiently you are able to navigate around it, and what features you use. Analytics Cookies enable us to gather this information, helping Us to improve Our Site and your experience of it.
- Functionality Cookies
Functionality Cookies enable Us to provide additional functions to you on Our Site such as personalisation and remembering your saved preferences. Some functionality Cookies may also be strictly necessary Cookies, but not all necessarily fall into that category.
- Targeting Cookies
It is important for Us to know when and how often you visit Our Site, and which parts of it you have used (including which pages you have visited and which links you have visited). As with analytics Cookies, this information helps us to better understand you and, in turn, to make Our Site and advertising more relevant to your interests. We do not share or pass on this information to other third parties
- [Third Party Cookies
Third party Cookies are not placed by Us; instead, they are placed by third parties that provide services to Us and/or to you. There is no advertising on our site so Third party Cookies are not used by advertising services to serve up tailored advertising to you on Our Site. Third parties providing analytics services are used by us (these Cookies will work in the same way as analytics Cookies described above).
- Persistent Cookies
Any of the above types of Cookie may be a persistent Cookie. Persistent Cookies are those which remain on your computer or device for a predetermined period and are activated each time you visit Our Site.
- Session Cookies
Any of the above types of Cookie may be a session Cookie. Session Cookies are temporary and only remain on your computer or device from the point at which you visit Our Site until you close your browser. Session Cookies are deleted when you close your browser.
- Cookies on Our Site are not permanent and will expire as indicated in the table below.
- What Cookies Does Our Site Use?
There are two types of cookies used by use, first party cookies and third party cookies. First party cookies are set by us. Third party cookies are set by service providers on our behalf in order to provide a service to you; for example, if you visit a webpage with a Twitter feed or YouTube videos embedded in it you may notice cookies set by each of those websites too.
4.1 First party cookies
First party cookies are set and used by us only, for example when you submit forms, email us through the website or use our online shop we generate first part cookies that help us remember you and make it easier for you to interact with us. These cookies are set to remember your details for future interactions. They stay on our website only.
4.2 Third Party Cookies
- Google Analytics This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most trusted analytics solutions on the web for helping us to understand how visitors use the site and ways that we can improve visitor experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- Social media We also use social media buttons plugins that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; Facebook, Twitter, YouTube; will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies. To opt out of social media cookies you will have to adjust your settings for each of these sites directly with them
- Consent and Control
5.1 You will be shown a message at the bottom of the screen informing your consent for Us to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling Us to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies unless those Cookies are strictly necessary; however certain features of Our Site may not function fully or as intended.
5.2 In addition to the controls that We provide, you can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all Cookies or only third party Cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
5.3 The links below provide instructions on how to control Cookies in all mainstream browsers:
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en-GB
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/278835
- Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/products/microsoft-edge (Please note that there are no specific instructions at this time, but Microsoft support will be able to assist)
- Safari (macOS): https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?viewlocale=en_GB&locale=en_GB
- Safari (iOS): https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-Cookies-website-preferences
- Android: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en (Please refer to your device’s documentation for manufacturers’ own browsers)
- Further Information
[email protected], by telephone on 01303 271131 or by post at New
Pound Farm House, The Street, Newington, Kent CT18 8AU.
- For more information about privacy, data protection and our terms and conditions
Please visit the following: http://www.kentgreyhoundrescue.co.uk
This policy was reviewed on 6th November 2022 and will be reviewed at least annually.