Thank you for giving a temporary home to a retired/rescued dog. Please remember that fostering a dog is a very serious commitment that requires your time and effort.
To comply with our public liability insurance we ask you to agree to the following terms and conditions:
- By fostering a dog from KGR and signing the contract I agree to the following:
- My foster dog will be kept muzzled at all times in a public place.
- My foster dog will be kept on a double lead and harness at all times, in a public place. I understand these items will be supplied by KGR. (Please ensure you use them at all times and do not replace them with your own items. You may request replacement items at any time from KGR).
- My foster dog will not be walked by anyone under the age of 18, even if accompanied by an adult.
- My foster dog will not stay at any other place or with any other people without permission from KGR. This includes pre-adoption trials and temporary cover, for example holidays.
- My foster dog will at all times, outdoors and indoors, wear the ‘Kent Greyhound Rescue’ tag that it came with.
- Should my foster dog go missing, I will immediately inform KGR and the Council Dog Warden and take all possible steps to find it.
- Any vet treatment must be authorised, by KGR, in advance.
- Potential adopters will be able to visit my home to meet the dog.
- KGR retains the right to take the dog back or swap it for another foster dog at any time during the fostering.